"I said to myself, 'Self...'" in "Moose Turd Pie"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 27 04:27:16 UTC 2006

The late, great Clerow Wilson Honey, AKA "Flip Wilson," was using this
as a cathch phrase in the '60's.

Cf.

1964. Pot Luck; Scepter Records SRM/SPS-520

or the perhaps more-easily found

1968. Cowboys and Colored People; Atlantic Records AT 8149

1968. You Devil, You!; Atlantic Records AT 8179

-Wilson