masculine/feminine?

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Sun Jan 29 02:17:09 UTC 2006

RonButters at AOL.COM wrote:

<snip>

> The point of my earlier posting was just to suggest what I think is a
> more appropriate gloss 'brokeback' and to ask if it was David, or
> "Boondocks," that gave the 'lacking in masculinity' gloss.

Oh--if that's what it was for, to clarify, that gloss was quoted
directly from Boondocks.

After all this discussion, though, i'm wondering what would happen if
you got a statistically reasonable sample of heterosexual American men
to speak/act/whatever "gay". I wonder if markers of
femininity/effeminateness would enter into it? Maybe i can ask one of
the sociologists here whether anything like that's been done, next time
i see one.

<snip>

--
David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx