TIPS

Mon Jul 3 18:15:40 UTC 2006

On Jul 3, 2006, at 10:56 AM, Dave Wilton wrote:

> And I addressed most of these in "Word Myths: Debunking Linguistic
> Urban
> Legends."

ah, good.  i'm away from my library, but i'll check it out soon.

i recalled that you had some of them, but not that you had so many.
the score seems to be:

   6 of 8 from the Wikipedia entry (missing: git, news)
   1 of the 6 i added (missing: crud, daemon, gomer, hep, wog)
   4 of the 6 larry horn added (missing: grunt, pimp)
    0 of the 3 jon lighter just added (swag, pog(ue), pingers), all
of which were new to me

arnold