Honkatonk (1892); OT:Google changes

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 5 18:10:47 UTC 2006

HONKATONK
"Honktonk" is 1892 in the newly digitized Galveston (TX) Daily News. I
posted a "honky tonk" entry to my site. (The Wikipedia is wrong and the term is
not from NYC's Tonk pianos. Gotta correct Wiki for free again.)
OT: About one in four of my Newspaperarchive searches are slow and
eventually crash. For about one in ten searches, the egg-timer freezes and stays  in
place for about ten minutes. Anyone else have these problems?
_http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1686/honky-tonk-not-from-tonk-pianos_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1686/honky-tonk-not-from-tonk-pianos)
28 July 1892, Galveston (Texas) Daily News, pg. 6:
FORT WORTH,  Tex., July 26.
(...)
A youth named Goodman, who arrived here from  Wilbarger county this evening,
entered Andrews’ honkatonk on Fifteenth street  and was ordered out on account
of his age.
OT: GOOGLE CHANGES
As I've said, Google changes have decimated the my website hits and what
little income I actually make from my life's work.
Google search results for almost every term I researched and wrote  about
have dropped off the first search page and are now just about last.  If you
search for my work directly (as with "Smoothie" +  "barrypopik"), my site comes in
last, behind complete computer-mangled  garbage.
Google Adsense responded to my query, but not specifically:
Hi Barry,

Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear of this recent  situation.

As you may know, Google's advertising programs are independent  of our
search results. Participation in AdWords and AdSense doesn't  affect
inclusion or ranking in the Google search index.

To learn more  about your site's inclusion and ranking in the Google index,
or to contact  the User Support team directly, please visit their online
Help Center at  http://www.google.com/support . Here, you'll find answers
to users' most  frequently asked questions. (A few examples are listed
below.)

How do  I add my site to Google's search results?
Answer:  http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=745

My site is no  longer included in the search results. What happened?
Answer:  http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=20921

How can I  improve my site's ranking?
Answer:  http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=480

Why doesn't my  site show up for a specific keyword?
Answer:  http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=483

I know this may  not be the specific answer you were looking for, but
unfortunately I'm unable  to provide you with any other details at this
time.

I appreciate your  understanding, and wish you luck in returning to your

Sincerely,

Evan
The Google AdSense  Team

Would you like to make more money from your  AdSense account? Learn how to
improve the performance of your Google ads  at
http://services.google.com/marketing/links/WW-ET-tips1 .

Original Message  Follows: