'Bobonkt'

Fri Jul 7 18:36:14 UTC 2006

On Jul 6, 2006, at 8:21 AM, i wrote:

>> ==============================
>>
>> Message 2: Meaning of 'Bobonkt'
>> Date: 02-Jul-2006
>> From: Carlota Smith <carlotasmithmail.utexas.edu>
>> Subject: Meaning of 'Bobonkt'
>>
>> ... I went to get some bobonkt
>>
>> so it's apparently a mass noun.
>

> ...as in all such cases, you'd hope that the surrounding context
> (not given here) might give a bit of the clue.

the context might also make it clear whether "bobonkt" is in fact a
mass noun, or whether it's a verb form (a past participle with the
ending spellled -t).  "some" here could be a NP object on its own,
meaning 'some X(s)', with the nature of X specified in earlier
context; the example could be parallel to something like:

   I had several broken watches.  I went to get some fixed.

arnold