Is it just me or ...

Brenda Lester alphatwin2002 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 7 19:41:08 UTC 2006

I LOVE "mash" because it's funny, but  "delete out," on the other hand, drives me crazy.

Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU> wrote:
  And we still say, telephonically, "pick up" and "hang up."

As for the instruction to "dial" an extension, the preferable verb would be, naturally, the Southernism "mash."

--Charlie