sausage-casing girls

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 8 01:33:29 UTC 2006

I'm also familiar with that quote.  Will Fred include it? (Or maybe in edition 2?)

  JL

Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Wilson Gray
Subject: Re: sausage-casing girls

Ron, what you say reminds of something that I read in an article on
fashion in LIFE magazine, back in the '50's, in the days of the
"poodle cut" hair style. It was, sadly, the years of my adolescence.
Yves St. Laurent, IIRC, was quoted as having said, "Women should look
like small, European boys."(!) And lo! so they did.

Today's male adolescents simply have no idea how lucky they are.

-Wilson