Full-time = permanent, not 40-hour

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Mon Jul 17 11:26:30 UTC 2006

From:    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Se=E1n_Fitzpatrick?=

> I looked at four on-line job boards.  Jobcircle, Dice, Careerbuilder, and
> Monster all use "full-time" in some way to indicate a regular employee
> position, as distinct from part-time, contract, and contract-to-hire.  There
> are no permanent employees anymore.

My first serious job when i was in college was at a consulting
engineering firm, and i worked about 15-20 hours/week during the
academic year, 40 hrs/week during the summer. Even when i was working 40
hrs/week i was still classified as part-time, and was inelegible for
benefits.

This was 1988 to 1990, in Silver Spring MD.

--
David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx