Daiquiri (1914)

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 18 01:05:51 UTC 2006

The "daiquiri" comes from Cuba (about 1898), but no early citation comes up. I think that the OED has F. Scott Fitzgerald (1921) and I had found 1919 before in the NY Times.
FWIW, the lime daiquiri here in D.R. is just so-so.

 Oakland TribuneMonday, November 23, 1914 Oakland, California
TJCM (from Jamaica) COCKTAILS Gibson. Dubonnet, DAIQUIRI, Strawberry Bot Be cheerful AND see tbe hopeful of Delicacies from all parts of the world, to S he gtiest AND principal speaker at the Xile clnb, the affair to he under the