Argentine or Argentinian/Aregentinean

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Jun 2 01:51:28 UTC 2006

Although an exact parallel would be, I guess, Argentina vs.
Argentine, I have been struck by the banishment of the adjectival
form from newspaper headlines.  I am eagerly awaiting the day I read
an 18th century newspaper, which I read frequently, and in which time
the Turks did such things, to see a headline (but they didn't use
headlines then) reading

      Turkey Army invades Persia

Joel