A be-bop recitation from the 'Fifties

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 8 01:14:19 UTC 2006

I have actually found a site devoted to Lee "Babs Gonzales" Brown. So,
the latest new and improved antedating is ca.1953, at probably the
earliest, though it's not impossible that "Fable" might date from as
far back as 1947. As you may already know as a result of access to one
of his two books, of whose existence I was totally unaware before I
started my date-search early this morning, Gonzales oftentimes wrote,
produced, recorded, and sold a lot of his sides all by himself. Since
he didn't go through the usual channels, there are none of the usual
records <har! har!> of much of his work to be found.

-Wilson