meh-ness

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 8 20:17:22 UTC 2006

Once again, you are most likely correct, sir. A friend told me that
she had dumped her boyfriend. The reason: when asked his opinion of
the family seder to which he had been invited, he replied, "Feh!" She
was so angry that I feared that merely recounting the tale was going
to cause her to burst into tears.

Before that moment, I had been completely unaware of the existence of
the term and its use. After "Tales Calculated to Drive You Mad" became
"Mad Magazine," I pretty much stopped reading it. Nothing in Mad ever
reached the level of comedy and horror intermixed that I found in the
classic Tales tale, "Goon Child."

-Wilson