FW: [SABR Info] Proquest and Heritage Quest Database Access

Fri Jun 9 16:52:04 UTC 2006

As a heavy user of the ProQuest Historical Newspapers database, through
SABR, I think this is bad news indeed.

        I am writing to you because our records show that you have used
SABR's subscription to either ProQuest Historical Newspapers or Heritage
Quest in the past six months.

        Recently ProQuest sent SABR a letter explaining a new business
decision to no longer offer remote access to genealogical or historical
societies, beginning at the end of the current subscription year.

        For SABR, that means beginning on January 1, 2007, SABR members
will no longer have remote access to the various historical newspapers
to which SABR subscribes, nor will we have access to the HeritageQuest
databases.