"Truth, Justice and the American Way" cite?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jun 10 12:54:54 UTC 2006

I saw all of the _Superman_ episodes many times in reruns, including the origin show set partially on Krypton, and as far as I know they all used the same intro, which I memorized around 1957. Ahem :

  " Faster than a speeding bullet ! More powerful than a locomotive ! Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound !

   " 'Look ! Up in the sky !'  'It's a bird !' 'It's a plane !'

  " It's SUPERMAN !!!!!

  "SUPERMAN !  Strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men !  SUPERMAN !  Who can change the course of mighty rivers !  Bend steel in his bare hands !

  "And who, disguised as 'Clark Kent,' mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never-ending battle for

  "Truth ! Justice ! And The American Way !"

  I can sing the "Ballad of Davy Crockett" too.

  JL