[SABR Info] Proquest and Heritage Quest Database Access

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 12 13:01:46 UTC 2006

Grant, congratulations on your new book. I hadn't realized it was out yet.

  JL

Grant Barrett <gbarrett at WORLDNEWYORK.ORG> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Grant Barrett
Subject: Re: [SABR Info] Proquest and Heritage Quest Database Access

> My expectation is that it would cost _extremely_ large sums of money
> to subscribe.

I priced it a few years ago. I don't remember the exact numbers but I
remember calculating that it would be cheaper to get access through a
university by taking a three-credit course at about $800 a credit
hour each semester.

Grant Barrett
gbarrett at worldnewyork.org
http://www.doubletongued.org/

The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English (May 2006, McGraw-Hill)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071458042/

http://mail.yahoo.com