Fwd: Re: "Energy superpower"--request for help by a Russian journalist

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Thu Jun 15 01:00:48 UTC 2006

   Today I received a request from a Russian journalist about the expression "energy superpower."  Does anyone have anything to pass along that might be of help to him?  "Energy superpower" and "oil superpower" seem very ordinary expressions to me, hardly worthy of special notice.  But evidently to Russians interested in our language the expression *is* worthy of attention, and perhaps some insight can emerge from this.

    The message I received is reproduced below my signoff. Please send replies directly to Mr. Zlobin, with a cc. to ads-l.

Gerald Cohen