Forwarding a message to ADS members (and other list readers)

Joan H. Hall jdhall at WISC.EDU
Wed Jun 21 18:16:26 UTC 2006

Joan Hall
President, American Dialect Society

Dear Dr. Hall,

We hope you will be pleased to learn that members of the Western
European Studies Section (WESS) of the Association of College and
Research Libraries (ACRL) have formed a committee to address the current
and long-term shortage of academic librarians. We are particularly
interested in advising scholars and teachers with foreign language
training and advanced degrees that careers in academic librarianship
provide additional options for using their training in an academic
setting.  The WESS Committee on Recruitment to the Profession would like
to call your attention to our Web site and ask you please to share the
URL with your members in whatever way you feel is most appropriate:

http://www.columbia.edu/~klg19/WESS/

Many thanks for your consideration, and please do not hesitate to
contact me with any questions you might have.

Sincerely,

Karen Green

--
Karen Green
Ancient & Medieval History and Religion Librarian
klg19 at columbia.edu