Pisshouse & Rawson

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jun 22 20:05:52 UTC 2006

Dear Jonathan <abecedary.net at zen.co.uk>,

I have looked in Hugh Rawson's two printings (the 1989 is titled
"Wicked Words"; the 1991 "A Dictionary of Invective").  They appear
to be identical.  I do not find "piss-house" in either.  Nor
"shit-house", nor "ram-beggur", nor the complete quotation.  Can you
cite the page for me?  If it is not in Rawson, from where did you get
it for your database?

Joel