moonbats

Brenda Lester alphatwin2002 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 26 20:04:34 UTC 2006

PETA, the same people who wanted the name of Fishkill (New York) to be changed because it perpetuates the abuse of fish. I found this in THE WEEK magazine some months ago. I wrote PETA and informed them that "kill" comes from the Dutch word for stream or creek, or crick, as some of the locals pronounce it here in the Hudson River Valley.

"Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL> wrote:
  Even better is the side bar:

"How should PETA be defined in the dictionary?

A socially conscious group committed to defending animal rights

A loopy, dangerous and freaky organization

A mainstream group that works within the system

A hobby for moonbats and rich liberals with nothing better to do "

Note the use of "moonbats", which is often seen in conservative blogs to
describe those who have gone over the left-wing edge.