Origin of "hobo" (1888); "Hot dog" and "pants" (1870, 1886)

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Wed Jun 28 16:11:57 UTC 2006

I am absolutely certain, notwithstanding the lack of
evidence, that the 1894 Atlanta Constitution article on
effete do's among football players must have been refering
to the OPPONENTS of the University of Georgia team.

Go, 'Dawgs!

--Charlie