digital immigrants, digital natives

Sylvia Swift madonna at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Jun 29 15:49:00 UTC 2006

sorry if i missed the beginning of this thread.  i have been hearing
the metaphor as net native/net immigrant.  not sure who started it,
but it seems rupert murdoch's speech to the newsguys last year at
least popularized it:

http://www.newscorp.com/news/news_247.html

"net immigrant" "net native" brings up nothing relevant on google;
"digital native" "digital immigrant" brings up 11,500 results,
including good old rupert:

http://www.google.com/search?hs=w1x&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=%22digital+native%22++%22digital+immigrant%22&btnG=Search

sylvia