bojangs and spajangs

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 29 15:51:19 UTC 2006

Except for Mr. Charlie, these are all new to me, too. Needless to say,
Bill "Bojangles" Robinson was still alive and dancing, during my
youth. However, bojang, spajang (< spade + -jang?), Miss Mary, and
Miss Annie are all new to me. We say "Miss Ann."

There's a rock-blues called "Big Mary's," but Big Mary is clearly a black madam.

-Wilson