An early "cock"?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Jun 29 21:55:41 UTC 2006

I apologize for sending essentially the same query twice within a
week.  But it did get responses the second time ...

Charles, I think I was asking whether the use in the song was a
metaphor, rather than asserting it was; and whether metaphors were
excluded.  I think I now have the answer--or rather, both
answers:  it's excluded, not a penis in the OED but it's included, is
a penis, in HDAS.

Joel