Applesauce & Horseradish (1921)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Jun 30 23:04:50 UTC 2006

I was looking for "Danish pastry" to update Wikipedia's entry (the  things I
have to do to get my stuff read, after this "new Google  algorithm" disaster
to my web rankings), when I came upon "applesauce" and  "horseradish." HDAS has
1924 for "horseradish," from Dialect Notes.
13 September 1921, Atlanta <i>Constitution</i>, "Bits of New  York Life" by
O. O. McIntyre, pg. 6:
That, as Broadway would yodel, is "a lotta apple sauce,"--or, in more
fastidious Manhattanese, "horse radish."