seeking British hyphenation reference

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Mon Mar 6 16:47:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 11:41:26AM -0500, Mark A. Mandel wrote:
> A Swedish friend asked me the following question. I don't know what the OED
> online subscription costs because mine is through the University of
> Pennsylvania, and it's much more than he would need just for hyphenation!
> Suggestions, anyone?
>
> -- Mark
> [This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]

http://www.oed.com/subscribe/

However, I think it would _not_ be a good source for British
hyphenation; OED is not terribly interested in the standardization
of such things, and most of it is still unrevised. One of the other
OUP dictionaries such as the Concise Oxford would be better for
this sort of things.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED