Pimp talk

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 6 21:18:16 UTC 2006

Almost forgot: In the most edifying media moment since Janet Jackson's bra malfunction, last night's Oscars featured a big production number with Taraji P. Henson rappin' a nominated song all about how hustlin' really takes a toll on pimps.

  But the Academy said she can't use the f-word on TV. "We know there will be children watching and we want it to be family-friendly," said songwriter Jordan "Juicy J" Houston :

  http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=11398244&src=rss/oddlyEnoughNews

   Awwwwww.

  "Bitches" was fine, though.

  JL

Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Wilson Gray
Subject: Pimp talk

As is so often the case, I have no documentation. But, as my
Canadian buddy says, "What the hell, eh?"

The other night, on one of the dating-contest shows, one of the
participants bragged that she could _pull_ any man.

That ain't right. _Pimps_ pull women in order to _turn_ them _out_
as prostitutes.

On the other hand, boys being boys, a woman, prostitute or not,
can often _catch_ a man simply by wearing _catching clothes_.
As a woman on another dating show insightfully noted, "Skin
will win."

In Los Angeles in the '60's, the first customer of the night was
known as _luck_. Catching that first customer was called
_breaking luck_.

-Wilson Gray

Yahoo! Mail