A new use of "duh?"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 7 04:54:26 UTC 2006

True, with regard to the algorthm, but you didn't have Google at your
fingertips, back in the olden days.

Before "back in the day" became hip, "(back) in the olden [sic] days" was
standard in BE. I was reminded of that by its use by Granddad in today's
_Boondocks_. I haven't the foggiest idea as to why it's "olden" and not
simply "old." But, as they say in Vietnam-War memoirs, "there it is."

-Wilson