"stinkfinger"

Jonathon Green slang at ABECEDARY.NET
Thu Mar 16 09:33:21 UTC 2006

I imagine that F&H knew perfectly well of what they spoke, even if they
resisted specificity. Here are a couple of examples they might have noted:

1879 limerick in _The Pearl_ 2 Aug. 35: There was a young parson of
Eltham, / Who seldom fucked whores, but oft felt ’em. / In the lanes he
would linger, /And play at stick [sic] finger, / ’Twas on the way home
that he smelt ’em.

1888-94 ‘Walter’ _My Secret Life_ (1966) vol. II 241: Sitting where I
was, and playing at stink-finger, my position was inconvenient

JG