Cats, horses, eggcorns

Thu Mar 16 14:11:24 UTC 2006

Interesting.  My cursory perusal of the 19 Google hits
for "put the cat before the horse" indicates some are
deliberate, i.e., cat lovers, veterinarians, and
others may be true eggcorns - or maybe spell check
gone awry; hard to tell which.

[By the way, my Yahoo spell check doesn't recognize
Google - a marketing ploy?]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/sports/june05/18062005/sp418062005.html

http://www.nationaudio.com/News/DailyNation/1998/130998/Comment/News_Analysis2.html

http://forum.visitsierraleone.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=149&PN=1&get=last