"Nigga" untrademarkable?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 18 17:32:52 UTC 2006

Back in the '50's, in an otherwise forgotten story in a science-fiction mag
of the day, a character noted that "[someone] Martianed me down."

Does anyone else remember the play and/or the movie from the '60's, "The
Boys in the Band"? The (Jewish) protagonist notes that:

"No matter how you figger,
It's hard to be a nigger.
But it's even harder still
To be a Jew."