"Madhattan" and "A Man in a Hat got a Tan" (Manhattan)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed May 3 04:09:56 UTC 2006

MADHATTAN--17,000 Google hits
_http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1534/madhattan_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1534/madhattan)
_http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1533/a-man-in-a-hat-got-a-tan-manhattan_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1533/a-man-in-a-hat-got-a-tan-manhattan)
I just made about twelve entries to my website today, also adding  categories
of "NYC banking" and "NYC health clubs" and "NYC hotels" and "NYC  radio and
television." I leave for a honeymoon to Greece and Turkey next  week.
ProQuest was down, but it's supposed to be up after midnight.
"Madhattan" is not in the HDAS. Did James Aswell coin or popularize this in
1932?
Does anyone have anything for the spelling of "Manhattan"--"A man in a hat
got a tan"?