"The [attempted] coupe [against Apple] is over."

Roger Shuy rshuy at MONTANA.COM
Thu May 4 00:19:29 UTC 2006

------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
-

> On May 3, 2006, at 3:07 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>
>> Is anyone else old enough to remember when
>> "coupé" / "coupe" was still pronounced "coo-pay"
>> and no one confused it with "coup" in spelling?
>
> my parents' first car was a "business coupe" (1937, i think).
> pronounced like "coop", even then.
 arnold

>Hey, In 1952 I bought a second-hand 1946 Plymouth coo-pay. Sold to me by the
original owner, who called it that too. He also had a chicken coop, which was
quite different in looks and spelling. For what it's worth, this all happened in
northern Illinois.

Roger

arnold