"Putting on the ritz" (1921)

Tue May 9 16:50:10 UTC 2006

On 5/9/06, Mark A. Mandel <mamandel at ldc.upenn.edu> wrote:

> In ADS-L Digest - 5 May 2006 to 6 May 2006 (#2006-126), Barry wrote:
>
> SSdtIHRoaW5raW5nIG9mIGFkZGluZyAicHV0dGluZyBvbiB0aGUgcml0eiIgdG8gZWl0aGVy
> IG15IE5ZQyBzb25nIHNlY3Rpb24gIApvciBteSBob3RlbCBzZWN0aW9uLiBXaGF0IGRvIHRo
>         [...]
>
> Wanna rewind and try that one again at the right speed, Barry?

We're still having the problem where the presence of URLs in a post
from someone using "rich formatting" in AOL or Gmail ends up rendering
the post unreadable in various mail programs. In such cases the online
archive will always display the post correctly:

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0605A&L=ADS-L&P=R9344

(Well, even in the archive that post has some funky coding.)

--Ben Zimmer