ring, rang, rung

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 10 00:41:07 UTC 2006

I'll be damned, A! I had no idea that there existed
"hamstring, hamstringed"! Now, the meaning of "hamstrung" is totally
transparent. Till now, I'd regarded "hamstrung" as one of those words like
"discombobulated," that more or less came out of nowhere. Of course, I've
been familiar with "hung" vs. "hanged" since at least the fourth grade, when
we stopped learning spelling and started
learning "English," a theretofore unknown dialect of Merican.

-Wilson