Fricative voicing in *houses*

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 11 02:28:36 UTC 2006

Just pretty much kidding, Beverly. I didn't expect that anyone would care
enough about my opinion to be bothered by it. I'm going to start using
emoticons more often, so that it'll be more obvious that I'm not taking
myself seriously. Well, I'll still be taking myself seriously, but I'll be
pretending that I'm not, at least. ;-)

But seriously, folks, I do appreciate constructive criticism. After all, I
say things like "Chin[is]" myself without finding it unpleasant.
Unfortunately, I do find the Chin[iz] that gave rise to the "Chinee"
in, e.g. "heathen Chinee"

unpleasant. ;-)

-Wilson