ain't support

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 12 01:53:55 UTC 2006

Sigh! It's such a well-established trait that I was hoping that it would
develop into something really interesting, like "ain't" with intransitives
and "di?n't" with transitives. So far, no such luck, unless you count the
fact that it's becoming so hip that whiggers are picking up on it, to the
extent that it'll soon no longer be diagnostic.

Speaking of "di?n't" v. "didn't," I've been hearing people using both forms
in the same sentence. Unfortunately, that still doesn't tell me whether the
hated (by me) glo?al stop is spreading or dying out.

-Wilson