Contemporary slang bites the big one

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 14 01:48:41 UTC 2006

Y'all, I'm talking about the full phrase, "_bite the big one_," not about
the single word, "bite." My intuitions and experiences WRT "bite," as in,
"Reality bites," are the same as yours. My niece wrote, "Our main computer
_bit the big one_" and not simply "Our main computer
bit." If she had written the
latter, I'd still be trying to figure out what she meant. Does "Our main
computer bit" mean anything to y'all?

Thanks to HDAS, it's now clear to me that she meant by " ... bit the big
one"
merely, "...died," an impossible meaning in the military slang of
1959. I regret that
my post was so unclear. That must really bite for y'all. ;-) But, does it
bite the big one? ;-)

-Wilson