Dakos/Dacos; Seftalies; Youvetsi; Bougatsa

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon May 15 13:14:44 UTC 2006

Greetings from Rhodes. I'm busy making babies, but I've managed to tour some.
Rhodes has the usual Greek cuisine, but Crete has some unusual items. I've picked up two books on Crete food that I'll go into detail when I come home; the New York Public Library has zero books on Crete cuisine.
Dakos/Dacos is a popular Crete item that OED should have....Seftalies comes from Cyprus, but is seen here on Rhodes. Does the OED revision have it?...Does OED have Youvetsi?...Perhaps I've have more on Giouvetsi, which is also seen frequently.
We had excellent "bougatsa" last night. I don't have time to check, but OED surely has it, no?
BOUGATSA
(GOOGLE)
Greek recipes - Greek food - Cream pie - Bougatsa - [ Traduci questa pagina ] A recipe for making Cream pie (Bougatsa) ... With a wide spatula, lift the bougatsa and invert onto a cookie sheet. Brush the top with butter and set aside. ...
www.greek-recipe.com/static/content/Cream_pie.html - 24k - Copia cache - Pagine simili

Ακανές Λαϊλιά - [ Traduci questa pagina ] The “bougatsa” (cream filled pastry) dominated the Greek area after the Asia ... Etymological, bougatsa or bogatsa is another word for the othomanic word ...
www.naserron.gr/uk/foods/bougatsa.html - 5k - Copia cache - Pagine simili

DAKOS/DACOS
(GOOGLE)
Original Cretan Dakos - Greek Food - Appetizers Mezes - [ Traduci questa pagina ] A traditional meze on the island of Crete, dakos is easy to make with few ingredients and no cooking. If you can't find rusks, they're easy to make. ...
greekfood.about.com/od/ veggieappetizersmezethes/r/dakos.htm - 26k - Copia cache - Pagine simili

Crete Local products, Greece: Information about the local products ... - [ Traduci questa pagina ] The Local Products of Crete, Greece. Guide to Crete Local Products - Greek islands ... vinegar and rosemary and simple but tasty snack called “dakos” which ...
www.greeka.com/crete/crete-products.htm - 27k - Copia cache - Pagine simili
CRETE culture. - [ Traduci questa pagina ] CRETE culture. All about Crete - beaches, tours, restaurants, ... Appetizers such as dakos (bread and soft white cheese in olive oil) and octopus pickled in ...
www.plata.gr/crete/culture/ - 18k - Copia cache - Pagine simili

Cretan Nutrition - Tourism Promotion Commitee of Chania Prefecture ... - [ Traduci questa pagina ] Pour a tbsp. oil on each daco, or more if you like. Grate the tomatoes and spread them over each daco. Add salt, oregano and fresh mizithra and the Dacos is ...
www.cretan-nutrition.gr/recipes/dacos.html - 15k - Copia cache - Pagine simili

SEFTALI
(GOOGLE)
sfweekly.com | Dining | Feta (Not Quite) Accompli | 2004-01-07 - [ Traduci questa pagina ] My seftalies were , I thought , the best thing we ' d had in a meal full of surprises : freshly ... I was saddened not to find the seftalies on the menu . ...
www.sfweekly.com/issues/2004-01-07/eat.html - 28k - Risultati supplementari - Copia cache - Pagine simili

Explore Greece with OAV Leg No 1 Athens (LGAV) - Sallonika (LGTS) - [ Traduci questa pagina ] And suddenly the Hellinic FIR get full of flights flying from any Greek airport to Larnaca, like Greece was moving to Cyprus for a dish of seftalies and hot ...
avsim.com/hangar/air/oav/en/exploregreece.html - 8k - Risultati supplementari - Copia cache - Pagine simili

O Thanasis - Greek restaurants - [ Traduci questa pagina ] The " seftalies " are dry but flavorful , while the salads are varied and fresh . ... fresh fish , grilled or fried; seftalies ( a kind of meatball ...
www.gourmed.gr/greek-restaurants/ show.asp?gid=5&nodeid=90&arid=2751 - 18k - Risultati supplementari - Copia cache - Pagine simili

Koutouki - Greek restaurants - [ Traduci questa pagina ] Groups of people sing and sip wine , tasting the typical koutouki fare such as the tasty skewered " seftalies " ( lamb liver bits and onions wrapped in suet ...
www.gourmed.gr/greek-restaurants/ show.asp?gid=5&nodeid=90&arid=2750 - 18k - Risultati supplementari - Copia cache - Pagine simili

Koutouki - Greek restaurants - [ Traduci questa pagina ] seftalies (lamb liver bits and onions wrapped in suet); gardoubakia; tender pansetes; giaourtlou skewered meat with yogurt; rooster smothered in wine with ...
www.gourmet.gr/greek-restaurants/ show.asp?gid=5&nodeid=90&arid=2750 - 21k -
YOUVETSI
(GOOGLE)
Greek recipes - Greek food - Macaroni Baked With Meat - Youvetsi - [ Traduci questa pagina ] A recipe for making Macaroni Baked With Meat (Youvetsi)
www.greek-recipe.com/static/ content/Macaroni_Baked_With_Meat.html - 23k - Copia cache - Pagine simili

Recipe for Macaroni Baked With Meat -- Youvetsi - [ Traduci questa pagina ] Put half the macaroni into a buttered baking dish (youvetsi), cover with the meat, add the remaining macaroni, and spread the tomato sauce on top. ...
www.greekcuisine.com/oldsite/detail.html?RecipeID=37 - 17k - Copia cache - Pagine simili