It's Everywhere, It's Everywhere!

Brenda Lester alphatwin2002 at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 16 18:43:13 UTC 2006

I found Ray Steven's SANTA CLAUS IS WATCHING YOU, released in 1962-63, with lyrics: "He's everywhere; he's everywhere." Still searching for the publication date.

"Baker, John" <JMB at STRADLEY.COM> wrote:
  Yes, it was definitely Chickenman (Dick Orkin apparently prefers
to spell it as one word); my thanks to those who responded. I still
don't know how I heard these recordings. It certainly was not the
original presentations on Chicago radio station WCFL in the late 1960s
and early 1970s. However, I understand that Chickenman has been
extensively syndicated.

The catchphrase has experienced a modest but sustained success.
"He's everywhere he's everywhere" produces 289 hits on Google, few of
which refer to Chickenman or Chicken Man (though there are several dozen
for Santa Claus). "It's everywhere it's everywhere" does better, with
531 hits.

There's no apparent Hanna-Barbera connection, but there's an
undeniable cartoonish aspect to the shouted catchphrase.

John Baker