Fake Latin plural . . .

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 20 18:12:21 UTC 2006

It was Prof. Hamp who publishedthe paper deriving "twat" from "thwait(e)."
Thanks, Barbara. I've been trying to recall the author's name for years. I
remember that he was the president of the LSA in 1971 and that he taught at
the U of Chi, but, for some reason, I could never recall his name.

-Wilson