"What goes around comes around"

hpst@earthlink.net hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue May 23 13:14:18 UTC 2006

Wilson,

I have known that phrase as long as I can remember, and my memory goes back
to the late 1940s in southern Illinois.

My mother and father used to tell me after I had screwed up to remember
that what goes around comes around.

It is similar to the idea that you should always be kind to the people you
meet on your way up so that they will be kind to you when you are on your
way down.

Page Stephens

> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      "What goes around comes around"