"go to prom" goes national

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri May 26 13:33:55 UTC 2006

 From the season finale of "Grey's Anatomy" (ABC-TV)...

The speaker is a 17-year-old girl and ovarian cancer survivor, niece
of one of the head doctors on the show, who was brought into the
hospital when she passed out while having sex after her senior prom,
explaining why she hadn't let anyone know about the severe pains
she'd been experiencing for a month prior to the event:

"I wanted to go to prom, I didn't want to be the girl with cancer again."

The medical staff concentrated on her cancer, leaving her anarthrous
condition untreated.

LH