Tough Guy Phonology

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 26 19:27:48 UTC 2006

"... reached Camp Devens in a very dissatisfied frame of mind ..."

I can relate to that! I was there ca.forty years later, by which time
it was Fort Devens, but people were still reaching there in a very
dissatisfied frame of mind. I could tell you stories. It was at
Devens, in reference to Devens, that I first heard the phrases,
"asshole / armpit of the universe."

-Wilson