[Bapopik at aol.com: Fwd: FW: New Readex products at NewYorkCIty institutions]

hpst@earthlink.net hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed May 31 16:18:24 UTC 2006

I sent Barry's request to my wife who is a librarian at The Cleveland
Public Library and received the following reply.

Yup. Cleveland Public Library has also.

She also told me that libraries which serve local areas no longer attempt
to duplicate each others' collections but share the burden in this day and
age of diminishing funds which may explain the fact that no longer do they
each attempt to have everything which is available which they once did.

Pardon me if I wonder the reason that Yale has copies of any books since as
far as I am able to tell Yale's most powerful graduate never read a book
except perhaps the one which delineated the rules for membership in Slull
and Bones.

He certainly did not learn anything about biology, history, physics,
chemistry, anthropology, etc.as an undergrad so as far as I am able to tell
the Yale library didn't need to have a single book for him to graduate.

This inquiring mind wants to know.

Page Stephens

NewYorkCIty institutions]