Research

Tanya Boettcher tboettcher12 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 1 17:16:50 UTC 2006

I am an English major at Kennesaw State University, and I am in need of some help.  I am in an American English class, and a project for that class is to discover why certain words have seemed to have disappeared in from main stream vocabulary.  For example, most people would say that they were pants instead of trousers.  It is almost as if the word "pants" has replaced the word "trousers."  My problem is that I have no idea were to look for information regarding this phenomenon.  If anybody has any suggestions as to how I might go about researching this project I would truly appreciate it.

  Thanks,
  Tanya Boettcher