correction

Alison Murie sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Thu Nov 2 17:30:42 UTC 2006

>Wikipedia: "Born *Ford Hermann Hueffer*, he was *Ford Madox Hueffer* before
>he finally settled on the name *Ford Madox Ford* in honor of his
>grandfather, the
>Pre-Raphaelite<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Raphaelite>painter
>Ford
>Madox Brown <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Madox_Brown>, whose
>biography<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biography>he had written."
>
>I misspelled his middle name and his original last name.
>:-(
 ~~~~~~~~~~
Ah, yes.  I'm happy to be reminded of all this, which I did actually once
know. I even have a book of pre-Raphaelite reproductions  that I picked up
once in a mood of sentimental reflection on the days when Wm Morris was
such a presence and Wm DeMorgan, a tile-maker in his group, was beginning
to hatch the series of novels that in another age one had the leisure to
enjoy (parse that!). BTW, Ford's /Parade's End/ has some awfully good stuff
in it.  I've been promising myself to reread it for thirty years, but life
keeps intruding its distractions.
AM
  REGIME  CHANGE  BEGINS  AT  HOME