attributive freshman

hpst@earthlink.net hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Nov 2 19:58:56 UTC 2006

Fritz and Amy,

This brings up the problem with the word coed which is gender specific.

I could be wrong but I think that it is related to the fact that the words,
sophomore, junior and senior are non gender specific and that unlike
freshman you can simply add an s to them in order make them plural if only
because freshmans sounds forced.

Page Stephens