Race/racism and the late Prof. Frederic G. Cassidy

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Fri Nov 3 22:56:22 UTC 2006

A related example is that of Harold Ford Jr.  Someone from Tennessee was
reported to have said to a journalist, "Ford?  I didn't know he was
black."  Or maybe he was just trying to be p.c.