More humorous mil. acros.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 6 03:18:51 UTC 2006

Crap. Not only should that be "Trombicula  fujigmo," there's an excellent chance that many or all the names are fakes. I missed the words "April Fool's Day 1993" at the top.

  The page is widely cited.

  JL

Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Wilson Gray
Subject: Re: More humorous mil. acros.

Back in my day, CYA and FTA were really in use, *especially* FTA. Two
other real ones from my day are missing:

RFM: [The Great] Random-Fuck Machine [in the Sky], used to explain why
bad things happen to good people; pronounced "R-F-M"

At graduation from the Army Language School at the preesidio of
Monterey, there was an opening for two warm bodies (don't kknow
whether the preceding originated in the military, but that's where I
became accustomed to hearing it) at the Security Agency unit in the
Aleutian Islands. The two men assigned to said unit were both from
Boston. The Army gave each person thirty days of leave and enough
money to fly first-class to his port of embarkation. Given that the
POE for the Aleutians is San Francisco, only a hoot 'n' a holler from
Monterey, the two men received a travel allowance of $25. Therefore,
in addition to getting assigned to the worst shithole in the Security
Agency, they had to pay their own way home to Boston for leave and
back to Frisco for shipment out of a paycheck of $75/mo. Given that
there were plenty of people from the Greater SF Area who could have
been assigned to the Aleutians, there was absolutely no reason for the
two people in our class who would be hurt *the most* to be assigned
there. Since assignments were made completely randomly by some company
clerk at Agency HQ at Fort Holobaird, MD, there was only one possible
explanation for this outcome: the operation of the RFM.

My own travel allowance was $750, my POE being Maguire AFB in NJ..

WGAF: (As though) We Give A Fuck; pronounced "WE gaff!"

WRT the cadences, "Josephine" and "Used to live in a shack," they both
are ripoffs of Fats Domino's "My Girl Josephine."

-Wilson

On 11/5/06, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Jonathan Lighter
> Subject: More humorous mil. acros.
>
> This site has many, none of which, I think, are meant to be taken seriously:
>
> http://miljokes.com/military-cadences.html
>
> GRUNT is conspicuously absent.
>
> The following are new since I checked on Sept. 4, 2003:
>
> CUNT
> FART
> FLIF [sic]
> FUBAR ("...recognition")
> MARINES ("Many Americans...")
> NAVY ("Need any...")
> NCO
> SONFI
> USARMY ("Used,...")
> USCG
> USMC ("Unlimited...")
> USMC ("Urine Samples...")
> YMRASU
>
> JL

> We have the perfect Group for you. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.

Everybody says, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange
complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
-----
Whoever has lived long enough to find out what life is knows how deep
a debt of gratitude we owe to Adam, the first great benefactor of our
race. He brought death into the world.

--Sam Clemens