attributive freshman

Joanne M. Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Mon Nov 6 15:11:34 UTC 2006

I don't seem to share your instict, Amy, for whatever it's worth.  My
instinct would be to write "freshman women" with "freshman"
having a sort of undeclinable status in my mind.  Similarly, I would
write (or say) "Latino woman" rather than "Latina woman" -- the
latter would strike me as redundant.

Joanne